For anyone looking for a pen pal or wanting to brighten the spirits of shut-in seniors, the Northern Cheyenne Elderly program on the Cheyenne Reservation in Montana is looking for pen pals for its seniors.
Since the beginning of the lockdown on the Northern Cheyenne reservation, the Shoulderblade Complex residents haven’t been able to leave or see their family members.
A pen pal system is a nice way to socialize while keeping our elders safe.
If you’re interested, here is the contact information:
Northern Cheyenne Elderly Program
c/o (senior’s name)
P.O. Box 470
Lame Deer, MT 59043
- Fred is interested in Bingo!
- Sandra is interested in Everything!
- Dotty is interested in Spirituality!
- Anita is interested in Everything!
- Eileen is interested in beadwork and grandkids!
- Merlin is interested in Everything!
- Adeline is interested in languages, preservation, and revitalization!
- Claire is interested in hunting, fishing, and sports!
- Larry is interested in fishing and camping!
As I find more volunteer opportunities, I will post them in the weekly digest email. Till then, be safe and sane and be good to one another and yourselves.
Caring Hands Co-Chair